Do’s and Don’ts When Hiring a Professional Roofing Contractor
May 2nd, 2018 4:21 PM
Some tips to consider:
- Find A Reputable Roofer. When the storms hit, so do the robo-roofers. They will come in and promise the world. They can get it done right away, have all the materials and crew ready to go. When in fact they have none of the above. You might get a good price, but it aren’t worth it if the quality is shoddy, the timing is not what was promised, and they’re gone as soon as the next storm hits.
- Cost Shouldn’t Be the Only Consideration. If it is, then quality and timing will suffer. We often coach clients that if they can wait, the cost may even be cheaper, and the quality will meet or exceed their expectations.
- Ask questions. From the simple to the complex. How long in business? Where are you based? How long has your crew been working with you? And more? Are they licensed? Check their reviews.
- Get the quote in writing. I’ve heard all the awesome prices out there, but more often than not, it wasn’t in writing or it wasn’t an apples to apples comparison. I’m happy to review in detail our quote. It’s simple, straightforward and easy to understand.
- Check References. If it sounds too good, make sure its true by checking references. We have plenty of happy customers and more than willing to have you verify that we do what we say we will do. Competitors should too. If not, then it might too good to be true.